Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Naimal Khawar responds to trolls on quitting acting

Actor, host and activist Hamza Ali Abbasi tied the knot with Anaa actress Naimal Khawar in an intimate ceremony last weekend. Just a few days prior to the wedding Naimal announced her departure from the entertainment industry. “I’m wrapping up shooting for my first and last drama serial... However, I would now like to bid farewell to acting. I will not be pursuing it as a career because I feel that I cannot balance it with my art, which will always remain my first priority and passion,” she wrote on Instagram. Though the actress clarified that she is quitting acting to pursue art, the post went viral and trolls started questioning her if it was Hamza’s influence that led her to this decision.Responding to such remarks, Naimal recently took to Twitter and posted, “Now that the wedding is over, I would like to address a few things,” she wrote, also thanking fans for all the love and wishes.“First, I am a consenting, adult woman capable of making my own decisions and this narrative of ‘saving me’ is nothing short of demeaning my right to choose for myself,” she asserted.In another tweet, Naimal stated that though she is aware of the fact that public figures are always subject to criticism even when it’s their personal life choices, it is not nice to distort facts. “I left acting nine months ago and the decision was entirely mine. Don’t spread false news to sensationalize someone’s special day,” she concluded. 

from The News International - Instep Today https://ift.tt/2ZnYEXz

0 comments:

Post a Comment