FeedbackHi Ed,Hackschool Project by Iqra Asad is always interesting, and the 19th installment, Interference or intervention? was no different. The best thing about this story is that every episode has some point that is so pertinent to students! Past papers are a boon for some students, but the fact remains that in the long run, they are harmful. I just cannot wait to read what Inaya will do since her precious papers seem to have gone for good. Ed, please make Hackschool bi-monthly!Asadullah, AbbottabadHi Ed,I am writing after a long time because I want to remind you that summer vacations are just around the corner and I am expecting to read about summer fashion trends and I am sure we will get a cover on summer movies! Also, I haven’t read ‘My teenage years’ for a long time and I am sure all of us would love to read interviews of emerging young artists. By the way, what has become of ‘Cyberia’? You haven’t run it for a very long time.Sanila Ali, KarachiA serious issueDear Editor,I am a university student keenly interested in current affairs and politics. What actually makes me sad is the juvenile behavior of ‘seasoned’ politicians. When they talk about their adversaries, they forget all norms of decency and fair play. Personal attacks and name calling by the leaders we want to look up to is disturbing. In this scenario, how can decent and civilized youth even think of entering the political arena of the country? And, let’s face it; we need educated young people from all classes and ethnic backgrounds to come forward and strive to make Pakistan a better and safer place for our generations to come. Perhaps we need legislation to permanently bar politicians who stoop to attack their opponents below the belt. Just my thoughts…Hasnanin Shah, PeshawarFirst timers’ cornerDear Ed,I have been following Us for many years, but this is my first letter to you. I honestly feel that Us is carrying too many ‘happenings’ and insightful articles have become few and far between. To me, Us’ novelty used to be its articles under ‘Heart to heart’, ‘Introspection’ ‘Reality check’, etc. I miss those articles and the old writers. I want to see more stuff under ‘Heart to heart’, Ed. Please get new writers if the old ones have deserted Us. Masood Akhtar, LahoreWriters don’t ‘desert’; they simply grow older and move on with to do what is important for their careers and family. Our young people are immensely talented, and we always welcome new writers. Feel free to contribute, Masood! ReflectionNarrated by Abu Huraira The Prophet said, “Whoever established prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven; and whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.”Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 125Editor: Lubna KhalidUs Magazine, 4th Floor, Al Rahman Building, I.I.Chundrigar Road, Karachi, Pakistan.Twitter: @UsMag_TheNewsFacebook: Us Magazine - PakistanInstagram: Us - Magazine for the youthNo items without the full name and address of the sender will be accepted. We regret we cannot reply personally to the e-mails. Send your articles and stories to us.mag@thenews.com.pkWord count for one page is 550-650; for two pages, 1000-1100; for three pages, 1500-1700
from The News International - US http://bit.ly/2ZS9pxD
0 comments:
Post a Comment